Join us to celebrate maths across the capital
28 June – 2 July 2021
Engage, inspire, motivate
Maths Week London is all about building children’s confidence, nurturing a love of maths and sparking an interest in a subject that impacts all of our lives, every day!
We are inviting primary and secondary schools, children, parents & carers from across London to join in the fun and help to raise the profile of maths across the capital.
So what are you waiting for? Explore the site for fantastic ways to get involved and share ideas, tweeting @MathsWeekLDN with #MathsWeekLDN.
- 800 schools celebrated Maths Week London 2020 virtually
- Sumdog’s special Maths Week London contest saw over 2,750,000 questions answered by 8,672 pupils
- 418 schools from across London participated in Times Tables Rockstars ‘London Rocks!’ contest, with over 20,000 pupils answering an impressive 27 million times tables and division questions correctly
- Our TeachMeet took place in the virtual world of Zoom where we heard lots of fantastic ideas such using concept cartoons as a way to give children time for deeper thinking and exposing them to mathematical language
- Plenty of familiar faces shared words of encouragement, and maths legend Johnny Ball even made some videos to celebrate
- From number hats to caluclator cakes , we were overwhelmed by the inspiring and creative ways you celebrated maths with your pupils in these unusual times – thank you!
Join the conversation
Don’t miss out on the latest updates
Follow us on Twitter or join our Maths Week London community on Facebook for discussion and activity ideas.